Whether you hunt or just like to spend a lot of time at the shooting range, a night vision scope makes shooting a lot more fun. There are some basic features to look for when choosing your next night vision scope as well as some key differences between each model you should know about. In this post, we look at nine of the best night vision scopes on the market, including our top pick, the ATN X-Sight 5-20 4K Pro Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope. Regardless of what type of firearm you own, you’ll find something here that’s perfect for your needs.
7 Best Night Vision Scopes
1. Best Overall Night Scope: ATN X-Sight 5-20 4K Pro Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope
- This easy-to-use smart scope features intuitive controls so you can customize settings to your liking, and it’s compatible with a range of smartphones and tablets.
- The onboard HD camera works well in low light and provides high-quality, sharp images, no matter the distance or light level. It comes with an app that makes sharing your footage effortless.
- Turn on the enhanced night-vision mode on this ATN night vision scope to bring out the hidden details in your surroundings, find hidden game, and line up accurate shots, even in complete darkness.
- This scope is loaded with other top-quality features. It records at 120 FPS and has recoil technology to allow recordings to consider recoil movement, and you also get Wi-Fi and dual-streaming, Smart Mil-Dot Reticle, ATN radar, and a ballistic calculator.
2. Best Cheap Night Scope: Bestsight DIY Digital Night Vision Scope for Rifle Hunting
- The best cheap night vision scope is the Bestsight DIY Digital Night Vision Scope for Rifle Hunting, which boasts a resolution of 50-60 lp/mm and impressive detail, clarity, and focus.
- This scope has all the basic features you need, giving you a high-performing scope at an extremely affordable price, and it doesn’t sacrifice performance.
- You can use this night vision device during the day and at night. It delivers vibrant color during daytime use and reliable night vision in complete darkness.
- Learning to use this scope is pretty simple. You’ll be locating targets in the wilderness at night in no time.
3. Best Reasonably Priced Night Scope: Sightmark Wraith HD 4-32×50 Digital Night Vision Rifle Scope
- The Sightmark Wraith HD is a reasonably-priced night vision scope that is lightweight and compact, and even though it’s extremely reasonably priced, it gives you a lot of bang for your buck.
- With features like an illuminated reticle and multiple image control functions, you’ll find this scope improves your accuracy for nighttime hunting or target practice.
- You can use this scope during the day, seeing the world in full color, or choose from black and white mode or a green view for night vision.
- This night vision scope has an HD sensor with a high-quality imaging mode, allowing you to record high-resolution videos in 1080P.
- Get a good look at everything using the digital zoom with two, eight, and 16 times magnification.
4. Best Easy to Use Night Scope: Night Owl Optics NightShot 3x Digital Night Vision Riflescope
- This night vision scope from Night Owl gives you a lot of impressive features at an extremely affordable price. The large screen is bright and easy to see, making it a good choice for people who aren’t comfortable with the advanced tech of other scopes.
- The scope delivers clear, sharp images and has adjustable brightness so you can make sure you see everything as crisp as possible.
- Every part of setting up this scope is easy, from attaching it to the scope mount to finding the best focus to sighting targets. It has a magnification range of 100 to 200 yards, even in the dark, so you’ll be out on the hunt in no time at all.
- This Night Owl scope works with most major rifle brands, making it a safe and convenient choice.
5. Best Compact Night Vision Scope: ATN X-Sight LTV
- If you’re looking for a compact night scope, you can’t do better than the ATN X-Sight LTV. Weighing in at just under 5 ounces, its small, compact size makes it easy to tuck into your pack, but the 35mm lens gives you a fairly large viewing area, and the land laser range finder helped improve your accuracy and get your shot.
- This scope mounts onto any standard Picatinny rail, making it compatible with many major brands, and the high-quality images and target acquisition help you make your shot.
- If you want added functionality, download the ATN Obsidian app for Android or Apple devices to watch live video streaming, shoot photos or videos, and configure the setting for your scope.
- Sensor assist gives you a focused image, no matter the distance or lighting conditions, and includes an HD screen and eye relief.
- You can record 720P high-quality videos that you can playback after your hunting trip.
6. Best Hunting: AGM Wolverine Pro-6 3AW1
- We called this our best night vision scope for hunting because of its perfect blend of high performance and reliability. It has a 150-percent increase in resolution, a 25-percent increase in light transmission, and the latest in night-vision technology.
- This scope keeps you safe and ensures precision and accuracy, thanks to its infrared anti-reflective coating and automatic brightness adjustment.
- Installation is easy, and the scope is lightweight enough that it doesn’t interfere with your use of the weapon.
- To help line up your shot, this scope is designed for long-range targets and features a projected reticle.
- Choose from black and white or a classic green view for night vision mode, ensuring that your view is just how you want it.
7. Best Portable Scope: ATN ThOR HD 384 Smart Thermal Rifle Scope
- This ATN night and thermal rifle scope can sense warm objects to a detection range of 500 meters. The infrared illuminator has a throw distance of up to 400 meters, which makes it ideal for nighttime operations.
- The built-in microSD card slot lets you record high-definition video and still photographs. The 384×288 sensor delivers amazing images, enhancing your night vision for impressive accuracy.
- A ballistic calculator takes into account all of the variables that might affect your shot, whether it’s environmental or distance-related, so you can always get a clear, accurate shot.
- Choose between a day reticle or a black reticle for better visibility during daytime use.
- You can transport this thermal riflescope in your pack safely thanks to the flip-up lens cap.
Best Night Vision Scopes: Before You Buy
The best night vision scope for your gun depends on a variety of factors, including your shooting preferences and current gun model. As you search for a scope to fit your firearm, keep these factors in mind.
While it’s important to consider what type of gun you want to use your night vision scope with, don’t forget that versatility is key. Try to get one that you can use on more than one kind of firearm, so you don’t have to worry about future compatibility issues if your collection grows.
Thermal scopes are great, but thermal imaging is not something everyone needs. Often, traditional night vision is enough.
If you’re looking for the cheapest night vision scope, we recommend Bestsight DIY Digital Night Vision Scope. It’s also great with rifle hunting. The scope that is best for compactness is the ATN X-Sight LTV. Some might say it’s a bit pricey, but for all the features it holds, it’s a good investment in our opinion.
If you’re looking for something simple, your best bet to go with is the Night Owl Optics NightShot. It’s quite simple to use and a great scope for beginners or seasoned hunters.
Whenever you go to purchase your night vision scope, double-check to make sure they work with your firearm before buying.
Best Night Vision Scopes: Conclusion
A night vision riflescope is a great addition to any hunter’s arsenal. Night vision technology lets you see in the dark, enhancing your safety and success while hunting and increasing your safety and security when you’re outdoors at night. There is a night vision scope out there for everyone, no matter what your budget may be. Do your research, find the best scope for you, and get ready to hit the darkness.